<< Back to Main Page.
|The Sims 3: Ambitions|
North American Box Art
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX|
|Release Date(s)||(NA) June 1, 2010 |
(EU) June 4, 2010
 The Sims 3: Ambitions Game Summary
Players can now experience some of the most exciting and varied jobs. In The Sims 3 Ambitions, players can choose to hunt down vengeful spirits as the ghost hunter, invent brilliant and potentially destructive gadgets as an inventor, craft glorious masterpieces as a sculptor, and solve riveting cases by any means necessary as an investigator with dozens of cases to solve and numerous clues to find. Additionally, players will be able to change the look and feel of their town by becoming an architect and directly affecting the neighbourhood around them leverage Build and Buy mode. The stylist career and new tattoo system allow players to make over their Sim neighbours in fashionable or catastrophic ways. For the first time, players will be in charge of how their Sims' career progresses and decide if they will work for good or evil, pursue creative endeavours or technical affairs, climb to the top quickly, or be a slacker. The future of a Sims' success or failure is entirely in the hands of the player.
 Game Features
- Professions are the focus of the Ambitions expansion. You'll now have the ability to be much more interactive when pursuing a job with a Sim. While the originals remain, there's a lot of new content and ways to make money. Professions generally pay by the job, with a weekly stipend thrown in for good measure.
- In addition to these new careers, Sims who pursue a skill as their primary method of earning money can now register as self employed. All you have to do is gain the first level of a skill, then heading over to the City Hall to register themselves as Self-Employed. This gives players another way to earn money in the form of bonuses and your Sim will accomplish set goals that provide them with occasional rewards like decorative plaques and trophies.
- The Inventing and Sculpting skills are new to Ambitions. There's also a hidden skill, Tattoo Art. You can buy a chair and apply tattoos at home, or head over to the salon downtown. Doing more tattoos will gradually improve their earnings and success rate when using the machine.
- New to each town is a Consignment Store where Sims can sell their creations. This is much better than selling paintings and inventions through the inventory. Now, you can put objects up for sale and sell them at a high mark up, boosting your profit. Almost anything Sims can create can be sold here.
- While the base game enables players to become business partners to earn weekly cash from their holdings, Ambitions improves on this. Now, almost every public place in town can be purchased and improved. Any place your Sim can enter that's not a rabbit hole can be upgraded with new objects after purchasing its deed, such as placing a picnic table by a lake, or adding better washing machines to the laundromat. Fulfilling certain requirements for each property will increase its value and lead to bigger returns.