The Sims 2: Freetime
|The Sims 2: Freetime|
North American Box Art
Linux, Mac OS,Windows
|Release Date(s)||Febraury 19, 2008 (NA)|
|Genre||Life simulation (PC)|
The Sims 2 Freetime is the seventh Expansion Pack of The Sims 2 series. This EP includes many new, unique features such as Hobbies, Best Friends Forever and Custom Radio Stations. The Sims 2 Freetime is played in the same way as the previous EPs, with the exception of the "stay-at-home" orientation. The activities of this game are geared to keep your Sims on their home lot, except for the odd visit to a Secret Lot.
- Sims can now become interested in one of the many hobbies. To curve their interest towards a certain hobby, all they must do is take part in an activity that relates to the desired hobby. For example, playing on the computer a lot will result in an interest in the Games hobby.
- Lifetime Aspiration Meter
- Next to the usual Aspiration Meter, you will find a new bar, called the Lifetime Aspiration Meter. This new bar works in the same way as the Aspiration Meter, but is a cumulative result of one’s effort, or lack of effort in completing goals.
- Lifetime Aspiration Benefits
- If your Sim is successful in building their Lifetime Aspiration Meter fast enough, they will receive perks, called Lifetime Aspiration Benefits. These can be anything from lowered depression rates of needs, to the ability to cook new food.
- Secondary Aspiration
- Your Sims are now able to have a Secondary Aspiration, though not as influential as the primary. They will receive wants and special perks of that aspiration as well as those of their primary.
- Custom Radio Stations
- You can now create your own radio stations for your Sims to listen to on their stereos. Navigate your way to EA Games/The Sims 2/Music and place the desired MP3 files in one of the sub - [music] folders. Launch the game, go to Options > Audio Options > Custom Radio Stations [button]. Create a new play list from there, select the songs you would like. Once you have finished that, the new station will be available from any stereo in Live Mode.
- Reading Options
- Your Sims may now choose a topic to read about. From any bookcase, they can read a new type of book, including Cooking, Drama, Romance and many more. Reading about certain topics can create enthusiasm for a hobby, so be sure to choose what they read wisely.
- New Careers
- Freetime not only grants your Sims hobbies, but gives them new choices in the work field. They can now choose from all other jobs as well as Entertainment, Intelligence, Architecture, Dance and Oceanography.
- New Talent Badges
- Talent Badges have been carried forward from Open For Business and have been made available for your Sims. These new Badges are Pottery and Sewing and are the only ones available, unless you own previous Expansion Packs.
- Membership Cards and Secret Lots
- If your Sim develops enough enthusiasm or interest for a particular hobby, the leader of a special club will grant your Sim access to a secret lot. Only those with a Membership Card for a certain hobby group can see the corresponding lot appear on the location list, so be sure to get one if you want to visit that special lot.
- Pay All Bills
- A feature carried forward from Seasons that allows your Sim to collect all the bills on the lot and pay them at once. This is useful for if you have misplaced a bill or your Sims are simply lazy.
- Mr. Humble
- Mr. Humble is a man who gives your Sim a special present on their first day living on a new lot. But do you dare open the package and see what awaits...?
- A feature carried forward from University that grants your Sim new social interactions based on the level of their Influence Bar. The more points they obtain, the more points they have to spend on special interactions.
- Best Friends Forever
- Your Sims can now have BFFs. Continue to build two Sims’ relationship until the friendship has been made and they will be given a new BFF that cannot stay angry at them, takes less work to maintain as a friend, and can share their inside jokes.
There are ten hobbies in total, all of which are unique ways for your Sims to spend their time. These ten hobbies are: Cuisine, Film & Literature, Games, Tinkering, Science, Arts & Crafts, Sports, Nature, Fitness and Music & Dance.
"Cuisine Sims enjoy creating and savoring food, as well as pitting their creations against a Food Judge’s palate. Being good at cooking will help keep their Cuisine enthusiasm high." - The Sims 2 Freetime
- Hobby Unlockables
- Talk About Cuisine
- Read Food and Dining Sections in the Newspaper
- Serve Chips Platter
- Browse Web About Cuisine
- Serve Cheese Platter
- Share Hobby Tips About Cuisine
- Blog Tips About Cuisine
- Serve Appetizer Platter
- Instruct in Cuisine
- Be in the Zone
- How to Increase Enthusiasm in Cuisine
- Read about
- Study cooking
- Watch the Cooking Channel
 Film & Literature
"The television and the bookshelf are honored places for those Sims that thrive on stories. The film and literature Sim reveals in the comedy and the mystery present in all intricate natures."
- Hobby Unlockables
- Talk About Film & Literature
- Read Entertainment Section in the Newspaper
- Participate in Book Club
- Browse Web About Film & Literature
- Share Hobby Tips About Film & Literature
- Brag About Film & Literature
- Instruct in Film & Literature
- Be in the Zone
- How to Increase Enthusiasm in Film & Literature
- Read about
- Watch a movie
 Lifetime Aspiration Meter
 Desiderata Valley
Related ThreadsSims 2 Freetime problem with custom content - last post @ Dec 15, 2008
FreeTime or University? - last post by @ Oct 25, 2008
my freetime - last post by @ Jul 11, 2008
Redownloading Freetime - last post by @ Jul 12, 2014
Sims 2 freetime keeps freezing while trying to load a family - last post @ Jan 22, 2012