The Sims 2: Apartment Life
 Game Overview
Your Sims are moving into a brand-new apartment, and their lives will never be the same! Adventure, fun, and drama await them as they meet new people and explore their new neighborhood. Will they take their kids to the local playground, mingle in coffee shops, or hit the park to learn from the breakdancers? Close quarters mean new opportunities-move in with compatible roomies for a thriving social life, advance your career with the right social network, or find true love just down the hall. Whether they live in artsy converted lofts, the ultimate studio bachelor pads, or luxury apartments with their own butler, your Sims will experience all of the excitement of apartment life!
- Move into the perfect apartment: a spacious loft, a cozy place for a young couple, or a multi-bedroom flat-share with friends.
- Mingle with Sims from all-new social groups: stylish socialites, artsy bohemians, sports jocks, gadget-collecting techies, or edgy gearheads.
- Take advantage of apartment life: form social networks to make new friends, advance their careers, or look for love.
- Build your Sim’s new reputation meter: with a good reputation, your Sim can find the right friends to help them achieve their goals!
- Control multiple households: will you make your Sims live in happy harmony or comical conflict?
 General Information
 Redecoration in Apartments
You may or may not have a roommate. If you decide to have a roommate, they will move into your apartment with you. They will have a Satisfication Meter which is very helpful because you will be able to tell how satisfied your roommate is with everything. If your roommate happens to move out, or die unexpectedly, you can always replace them with another roommate.
Your landlord will come and go. If something happens to your current landlord, for example if they get married or maybe even die, than you will get a new landlord that will replace the old one.
You are also responsible for paying the rent! You must always pay your rent to your landlord.
Your neighbors can call. Everyone is allowed to complain to the landlord about others.
Your sim can call/click on the Landlord to request things. This includes repairs or roaches. Landlords will not clean your apartment.
Every Saturday, around noon, the apartment Landlord will hold a small party for your household and the neighbors in the apartment. A small notification bubble appears to let you know that the party is happening, and you will also see sims start to mix drinks, grill food, etc. This party is an idea way to socialize and meet the neighbors.
Everyone has a reputation, either good or bad. The things you do will result in a decrease or increase in your reputation. If you have a good reputataion, good things will happen. So, be nice to everyone and don't gossip! If you have a bad reputation, than bad things will happen, such as having a dramatic increase in your rent!
 Social Groups
Talk and get to know your neighbors! Soon you'll find out about all the different social groups!
Here are some:
- Stylish Socialites
- Artsy Bohemians
- Sports Jocks
- Gadget-collecting Techies
- Edgy Gearheads
Witches have once again made an appearance. A witch could be anyone, teen or elder, male or female!
There are seven different kinds of witches:
- Infallibly Good
- Atrociously Evil
 Magic Spell Books
 Broomstick Travel
 New Objects
- Murphy Beds
- Jungle Gym [For children]
- Open Mic [For adults]
- Secret Bookcase
 New Interactions
- If one of your neighbors are loud you can use the "Bang Wall" interaction to make them quieter.
- You can lock your roommates out of your private rooms.
- Sims can WooHoo in the sliding door closet and in their helicopter.
- Toddlers and can use the "Huggle" interaction and there is also a Peek-a-Boo social.
- If any students miss the bus to go to school, they can now walk.
- Parents can read stories to their children until they fall asleep. They can also swing them in their arms.
 New Gestures
- Kiss Kiss Darling
- Earthy Hug
- Fake Out
- High Five
- Tough Handshake
- Break Dancing
- Classic Dance
Related ThreadsNew Sims 2 Expansion: APARTMENT LIFE - last post @ Aug 21, 2008
Attention fans! One last exciting Expansion Pack for The Sims 2! (APARTMENT LIFE) - last post by @ Aug 21, 2008
Apartment life or Bon Vogage? - last post by @ Oct 8, 2009
Apartment Life Help!!!!!!! - last post by @ Oct 26, 2009
Apartment Life+Telescope Question - last post by @ May 3, 2009